3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I recently took over my younger brothers "uncared" for 98' Firebird 3800series. The car needs alot of work and i want to use it as an everyday drive. I want to have the engine rebuilt mainly because of a loud lefter. However I'd like some ideas on some steps to have taken during this rebuild to gain more power from the 6. All ideas will be greatly appreciated!

I'm also going to be looking for a good mechanic in San Antonio, TX. If you might know of any familiar with this type of rebuild I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Honestly from personal experience, get another engine and build it. I wish I had done that about two months into my build, and it took 8 months, mostly waiting on parts.

That way you don't have the car down for a few months and you can still drive it up until you put the new engine in. There's quite a few V6 guys in the Houston and San Antonio area from what I've seen on other boards. If you can, find somebody that is familiar with V6's, as some of the V8 guys will try and pawn off stuff that isn't needed or doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts