3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Buick Regal (Olympic Edition) & I'm looking to install the supercharger from the L67 engine. Is it possible to directly bolt the supercharger on my NA 3800 Series II engine or is there more to the build than I'm thinking? Will my transmission handle the extra power? Need info so I can do it right the first time around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It will bolt on however the block and transmission are not built to handle it, the cars that have the supercharger have stronger bottom ends and heavy duty transmissions.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would definitely recommend a complete engine swap. Way more potential, and more reliable.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The real difference between the trannies are the diffs, the GT have a shorter gear compared to the GTP, the bottom end will hold up fine to the power. I swapped in an L26 (GT motor) into my GTP with no hiccups. Top swaps are pretty common.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rebuild or put a new tranny in there. I blew mine out in a day. lol. In the process of rebuilding it now. I used the gt bottom end as well, it holds fine. Just be sure to do your main and rod bearings because they will go if your engine has high mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts