3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is where I am today:

2000 GTP (3800S/C w/stock 2.93 gears) + ZZP VS Cam + 3.4 pulley + 180Tstat + CAI + colder plugs + 3" exhaust with flowmaster = 240WHP (dyno tuned). All else is stock (stock heads, exhaust manifolds, etc)

Goal = 350WHP (staying supercharged, non-intercooled, and 91 octane pump gas).

I am trying to reach this goal this little expense as possible (if I can keep stock heads, great!), and do not want to go the turbo route (love the neck snapping green lights :) ).

I welcome any and all suggestions to reach this goal. I'm certain good headers are a must staying S/C'd (TOG or ZZP has some nice SS ones on their site now), but not sure what the best option is from there. Maybe someone else here has a similar S/C non-intercooled setup making 350WHP on pump gas? Thanks all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i'm not sure if your heads will support it, but rockers might be in your future. A more aggresive cam might also be a good option (XP or something of the like)
Headers are a must, as well as getting rid of that restrictive flowmaster muffler. A good tune will definitely help you down your road (talk to dyno brian), a smaller pulley, and maybe, depending on your setup, some 42.5# injectors.
That should put you close..... a lil N2O will put you there easily, and affordably, but i like the idea of power always on tap, so I tend to shy away from it myself.

·
Registered
560 Posts
stage 3 heads and cam then you could probaly get there but would need all the little tricks you can think of. ie balancer removal stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Not to sound negative, but that was my goal also and I couldn't hit it without N2O. Realistically you would need heads, injectors, headers, Gen 5, n*, bigger cam and I still don't think you would be there without an intercooler and a tiny pulley :( With the money you would spend doing all this, a turbo would be the way to go and would even help your gas mileage. I love the grunt of the SC but would trade it in a heartbeat for a BB turbo setup. Just don't have the coin for that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input....sounds like I may have to rethink this :hmmmm:. I want to put the little 2900lb Fiero into the 11's (350WHP should do it), but without breaking the bank or having to rely on alternative fuel to do it (ie. race gas or nitrous). Somehow I have this feeling that I will regret going turbo...

- anyone convert to turbo and later regret it? (nothing quite like leaving unsuspecting victims 6 car lengths back at the stoplight - they didn't even hear you're engine rev up! :biglaugh: )

- Other than a turbo (can't believe I'm asking this.... :icon_eek:), what other supporting mods will I need to get to 350WHP? Injectors I presume...what about headers? Can I keep my VS Cam and stock heads? Do I need an intercooler?

Sorry for the rapid fire questions....again, thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Realistically you would need heads, injectors, headers, Gen 5, n*, bigger cam and I still don't think you would be there without an intercooler and a tiny pulley
I quote myself. Oh yeah, they would definetely hear you with those mods. They WOULDN'T hear you with a turbo until you spool up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
350whp supercharged without IC is going to require a big cam and heads and probably a GenV, but it has been done.

Put on a T66 and you will have 400whp on the VS cam. You will have to figure out how to intercool the turbo, upgrade injectors, tune, block off the PCV, etc. I'm not sure how much custom work needs to be done for a Fiero, but on a w-body it is not that difficult to go turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.