3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post a graph when I'm not on mobile but last week I threw the ssei on the rollers at Db performance in rogers, mn to see where I'm at.

I need to upgrade my fuel pump since the hotwired stocker isn't quite keeping up with a 2.8" pulley. I'm also curious to see if better pushrods would help me out since I'm running 130# valve springs on an s1x with 1.8 rockers.

I've babbled about my engine before bit its an l32 longblock with diamond 9.5:1 pistons, balanced, align honed, all that jazz. The heads are ported out bit still using stock valves. I'm running an old wbs intercooler with a delrin space I made to get the.core out.of the.intake plenum. Blower is a gen vwith the h bar milled out and the outlet chamfered. As said above, I'm running an s1x with 1.8s an 130# springs. Fully deleted balance shaft and double roller timing set, 42.5# injectors , etc. Lots of underhood mods to make it work. Also using a powerbond sfi damper with blower overdrive.

I want to either upgrade to a stage 3 cam or switch to e85, but I'm not sure the blower will move enough air to support either option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice numbers, what is that cam more similar to? XP OR XPZ

What octane do you run to avoid KR with that much boost/ compression? Got to be 94 with a good tune?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Consider going to 50% E85 after you change the fuel pump. You wont have to make any other changes as long as you still have pulse width room with the 42.5 injectors.

Really nice setup you have put together. I always liked bonnevilles...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure how much there is to gain at this point with a blend. I can run a 2.8 with the overdrive damper with only a couple degrees of knock. Granted I could Definately use more timing.

I've been very strongly investigating a turbo or even whipple setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts