3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just got off the dyno with a 2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG. Mods included INTENSE Stage 3 CNC heads and blower cam. Blower was a stock fifth gen M90 with 3.0" supercharger pulley. INTENSE Stage 3 PCM was dialed in with +3 degrees of timing, tuned for 60 pound fuel injectors and 85 mm. LS1 MAF sensor.

Best pull was 322 WHP through the full exhaust, with 93 octane Shell gasoline (with no additives) in the tank! I would estimate that a good intercooler would permit the 2.6" pulley to be run on pump gas and produce ~ 340 WHP. With race fuel and more timing, 350 WHP should be achievable through the full exhaust system.

These are STD corrected numbers (actual was 333 WHP I think).

Congratulations to John Kuehner from Texas!

·
Registered
127 Posts
First I got to say that is one flat boost/hp curve. Second of all, I like how the AF went richer and richer the higher it got.

Now my question is:

What is up with the "ripple", at the beginning of the dyno? Torque converter flash?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First I got to say that is one flat boost/hp curve.
All three INTENSE Blower cams produce this flat of a powerband. This is one of the true secrets in producing real usable power. It's called 'area under the curve'.

Second of all, I like how the AF went richer and richer the higher it got.
That's a standard feature in your stock PCM, and we retain the same functionality in our Standard PCM code.

What is up with the "ripple", at the beginning of the dyno?
More likely it's tire spin on the chassis dyno. We see this a lot when the car has wet tires.

·
Banned
361 Posts
a good intercooler would permit the 2.6" pulley to be run on pump gas and produce ~ 340 WHP
I would have to agree, but maybe heads aren't even necessary. :) :p

·
Banned
361 Posts
I did not change the gas from yesterday. So the 20+whp was from the other changes.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Running 110 octane fuel opens up LOTS of opportunities.

We plan to dyno another CompG next week. Maybe we'll add a little octane, an intercooler, and four or more pulley sizes and see what can be done...

·
Banned
361 Posts
Are you going to use the stage 2 or 1X cam and stock heads?

I would estimate that a good intercooler would permit the 2.6" pulley to be run on pump gas and produce ~ 340 WHP. With race fuel and more timing, 350 WHP should be achievable through the full exhaust system.
So you are planning on getting ~350whp with racegas S3heads/cam/IC?
I plan on dynoing again after I race and get the DHP power tuner. I should be able to get more than 8 more whp out of this setup with a better fuel curve.

I can't wait to see your results. Has any S3 motor dynoed higher than 355whp? I plan to beat that soon. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts