3800Pro Forums banner

3.8 sand rail

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  noble 
#1 · (Edited)
i am new and have never posted on anything but face book. so be kind. have a 1700 lb sand rail with a 97 park ave supercharged 3.8 3 inch intake and e bay headers knock off flow master 3 inches all the way out. a computer that is not tuned to this motor. before i drop 500 bucks on the tune , what do you people think i should do that is easy and cheap. it is scary fast but i know there is more. i am looking for easy mods before the tune. we go to the dunes often. today is june 16 20 i can do internal motor work next winter.

#3 · (Edited)
In the interest of easy (that would be no internal engine surgery). Installation of 1.9 rocker arms would raise the valve lift (.258 cam x 1.6 =.413in/ex factory to .258 x 1.9=.490in/ex) by only removing the valve covers. Also with that move, you could drop several supercharger pulley sizes to spin the supercharger faster and in-turn create more boost. Probably going to want to change your spark plugs to a hotter temp range (for some reason they call that a "colder plug") as the plug electrode slowly melts away and you have to re-gap your plugs all the time to stay in tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.