3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, dealing with a car with an Intense transaxle with 3.69s, the reluctor wheel for 3.69s, and a Mini SRC.

(For you Intense guys, this is Jaymey Johnson's car).

Been having issues since installing the SRC and would like to eliminate it completely. Been doing some reading up on changing the PCM parameters for the gears. And there seems to be some confusion on the whole subject, due to the fact that reluctor wheel is not stock and could cause some problems if I change the PPM to correct the speedometer.

It seems to me at this point that my only fool proof, reliable options are the following:

Have the SRC replaced, and hope to god that the new one works better, and deal with it only correcting the speedometer, and not correcting the PCMs parameter as far as MPH goes for any of those calculations.
Right now when scanning the PCM for vehicle speed, it shows the incorrect speed by what I believe to be the same percentage that the gear change would cause.

Other option,
Replace reluctor wheel with a stock unit, (possibly a gen2 LSD as well :) ), and change the necessary parameters in the PCM to match the gear change from 2.93s to 3.69s.

Other option, leave setup as is, and hope for some guidence in removing the SRC, and changing the necessary PCM parameters to correct for the vehicle speed values.

Any help would be appreciated here.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
well, you could definitly have the parameters changed in the computer for 3.69 gears ( and replacing the reluctor back to stock) in one of two ways, send your pcm in to a company that can modify those parameters, or second, purchase a aftermarket 'tuner' that can perform the functions on your laptop.
Eiether way will work, one is obviously cheaper than the other... but one gives you a whole lot more options for only double the price.

Rocky

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocky,
I have a PowrTuner to use on this project, hence the reason I am posting all this.
Just trying to find out what option is going to be best for this. Basically it comes down to the cheap way, and the not as cheap way.
Have SRC replaced...cheap, only money is in shipping.
Remove SRC, have it replaced, and sell it, also purchasing a stock reluctor wheel, sell the 3.69 one provided I do not damage it removing it. Money in shipping, money back on some parts.... Possibly come out ahead? Just alot more "time" into that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lee, since you already have it spoofed it's a lot easier to live with that setup and use the SRC. Keep in mind that the PCM odometer will run faster than normal and that you always need to factor in the error when playing with shift tables etc.

I've done a few unspoof conversions... it's not an issue either way.

If it ain't broke... leave it unbroke!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Thats all fine. But the SRC IS broken. Now its just the options of which way to get it back to "unbroke". Which way is the "proper" way of doing it, and what have you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
personally, I'd do the reluctor back to stock, and I could easily supply you with the proper 'pulse per mile' conversion for that.

And if he's got the cash...you might as well do the GEN 2 diff.!!!

Rocky

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can give you the Powr-Tuner accessibles values for a 3.29 gears DHP and a stock gears PCM...that wont get you to 3.69 but you might be able to figure it out from there..I am using the 3.29 gears DHP with my new gears with no problems, correct speedo and shift MPHs and RPMs....

I'm just not sure if the 3 editable gear-ratio values in powrtuner are all you need to change to do the gears fully....there might be other stuff that needs to be changed that the tuning programs dont support yet...

Calc'd Pulses per Revolution -25-
Drive Sprocket Ratio -1-
Calc'd Pulses Per Mile -23310-

Stock 2.93
Calc'd Pulses per Revolution -22.3-
Drive Sprocket Ratio -1.12-
Calc'd Pulses Per Mile -23430-

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts