3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has which and whats your setup? i do mostly city driving,, about 2 miles each way to work, all on surface streets. id still like to be able to take 5 hour trips to reno or cali. what would you guys recommend for me? oh and i've already decided on the tcc300 for my application.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Jon,

We have 3.69 gears in all of our cars except the turbo car.
Mileage loss really isn't a factor. For example, I drove a customers car from here to Ala. that had 9.5 to 1 race block,
all stage 3 stuff, 3.69 trans. with TCC-300 and got 24.1 miles to the gallon. Hope this helps!

BIG JEFF

·
Vendor
900 Posts
I had complete stage 3 setup and INTENSE trans w/ 3.69s' in my old GTP (your new GTP). I got a little more than a pass per gallon. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm the customer Jeff is talking about.

I love my 3.69's and of course the "Intense Website" under my hood :D

I drive approximately 800 miles a week, w/ a 5 hour drive to and from Fl each week. The car is amazing and still very very strong. I drive 8 miles to work each way. Car is very streetable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Correction Jeff, you forgot about me :) . I now run 3.29 gears.

Jon, having run the stock 2.93 for a couple of years, 3.69 for about two years, and now 3.29 for the majority of this year, I can definitely say that 3.69 was by far the most fun. FWIW, my mileage dropped 12% going from the 2.93s to the 3.69s, and that also included the MP112 (versus the M90) and a cam. I wish I could have kept the 3.69s, but I had to go to 3.29 for trap speed reasons. I was reving at 5900 at the end of the 1/4 (roughly 123 MPH) and I wanted more room for my new setup. Until recently, I too used a TCC-300.

I have no clue how my mileage was affected going from 3.69 to 3.29 as I stopped checking a long time ago, but it should have improved. I too am a member of the about-a-gallon-per-pass club.

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
johnt said:
Correction Jeff, you forgot about me :) . I now run 3.29 gears.

Jon, having run the stock 2.93 for a couple of years, 3.69 for about two years, and now 3.29 for the majority of this year, I can definitely say that 3.69 was by far the most fun. FWIW, my mileage dropped 12% going from the 2.93s to the 3.69s, and that also included the MP112 (versus the M90) and a cam. I wish I could have kept the 3.69s, but I had to go to 3.29 for trap speed reasons. I was reving at 5900 at the end of the 1/4 (roughly 123 MPH) and I wanted more room for my new setup. Until recently, I too used a TCC-300.

I have no clue how my mileage was affected going from 3.69 to 3.29 as I stopped checking a long time ago, but it should have improved. I too am a member of the about-a-gallon-per-pass club.

John
Very interesting John. I was considering going to 3.69 gears but I'm wondering if it's a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts