3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have an Thrasher intake and a 3.4 pulley...thats it. no exhaust mods what so ever. I have 0kr when we ran yesterday. would I be able to go down to a 3.25 or a 3.2 pulley? I would really like to hear your opinions?

I am getting the 1X cam in less than 4 weeks....keep that in mind as well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't think I'd go that low with that few mods. With the cam, you may be able to do it, but w/o it I would bet you'll start getting kr showing up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lucky...

Hey man, you might be able to run the 3.2 without the cam, as long as your KR stays as close to 0.0 as possible...get yourself a scanner or have someone scan it..or like it was said earlier get yourself a 3.0 or 3.1 and put it on with the cam...just my $0.02....

·
Registered
98 Posts
quick change pulley systems

I have about the same mods done to my 97' GTP
wiz aired cold air intake, a 3.4" pulley, and throttle body spacer
I am thinking about purchasing a quick change pulley system with a 3.25 and a 3.0" pulley would this cause too much kr?

·
Registered
98 Posts
exhaust work

well i have removed my cat which in turn has made my engine light turn on hopefully it doens't mess anythjing up by doing this but would that help with the pulley changing ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your light turned on because you dont have an O2 sim to replace the O2 sensor that was behind the cat. Get yourself and O2 sim, they are like 44 bucks, it will turn off that SES light and make it run better. I would port the exhaust manifolds as well to get more flow running through the exhaust as well as a bigger down pipe. This will save you some money, and will last a while till you can have enough for headers(ToGs).

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
IMO, put the cat back on. IMHO, Unless you have a bunch of mods, you won't be able to outflow the cat. It'll save you the $ of the sim and peace of mind.

·
Registered
98 Posts
o2 sim

well before i took the cat off i ran a 14.5 1/4 when i took the cat off it dropped me to 14.3 so would it still be better to replace the cat instead of just getting the o2 sim? :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
BlownGTP said:
well before i took the cat off i ran a 14.5 1/4 when i took the cat off it dropped me to 14.3 so would it still be better to replace the cat instead of just getting the o2 sim? :confused:
The sim is $25.00 from PFYC.com I have it and love it as I dont have a cat.
My mods are as follows: 3.20 pully the new 1.5 DHP pcm, 2.5" down pipe to the stock mufflers, no cat, no U bend, no resonator, K&N CAI, and O2 sim. All with 1.2 KR, and 21 degres of total timing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
not bad

so u are able to run a 3.2" pulley with 1.2 knock retard not bad, i just ordered the quick change pulley system from zzperformance.com with the 3.3" pulley hopefully I don't occur much kr either

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would recommend opening up the exhaust as stated before, to let it breath better...also a DHP or Intense PCM would help you rid some KR also....along with making the car more fun to drive...oh and you don't need to drop pulley sizes until you get 0KR with the current one you have..GET A SCANTOOL...it will save you alot of headaches and $$$..your choice though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just put on the 3.20, and a PCM by intense, and it just screems. I still havent done any exhaust mods to it yet......next thing I do. I KNOW I am hitting high 13's now. I am going to Byron when I get back to Rockford. I am having sooo much fun rigth now.

When I had JUST the 3.20, thrasher intake, I had 0-1kr 1st and 2nd gear.....but at the top of 3rd is when it started to show up in 3-5 spikes. again I have no mods to the exhaust. Scott just did my PCM the other day and I havent even gone past 2nd gear yet. I am very pleased with them and hope they keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
the only reason you have 0kr on the 3.4 is because its getting cooler out. If it were summer you'd have a decent amount. Dont go smaller til you have exhaust mods, and as always keep scanning.

Mat

·
Registered
187 Posts
GTP PWR said:
I just put on the 3.20, and a PCM by intense, and it just screems. I still havent done any exhaust mods to it yet......next thing I do. I KNOW I am hitting high 13's now. I am going to Byron when I get back to Rockford. I am having sooo much fun rigth now.

When I had JUST the 3.20, thrasher intake, I had 0-1kr 1st and 2nd gear.....but at the top of 3rd is when it started to show up in 3-5 spikes. again I have no mods to the exhaust. Scott just did my PCM the other day and I havent even gone past 2nd gear yet. I am very pleased with them and hope they keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would hope your hiting high 13's most people can go mid 13's on a 3.4/3.3 with some race gas :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
GTP PWR said:
I am going to Byron when I get back to Rockford.
Post on the board befofe you go out there and I'll try to make it too; I was actually planning to go to bryon this sunday if I get new tires this week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.