3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i no everyone prob gets tired of people askin this lol but what is needed to run a 3.25 in pulley with little or no kr. right now i run a 3.4, 180 t-stat, k&n filter, and no u bend and suprisingly no kr as long as i run 93 or 94 octane. if i put an exhaust and a cold air induction. u think it would be worth runnin the 3.25 or just stick with the 3.4 till i get a cam?? any help would be appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only way to know if you can run the 3.25" is to install it and then scan. FYI : I still get KR spikes every now and then with my mods. Personally, I'd wait. It's not worth grenading your engine.

ryan1096 said:
i no everyone prob gets tired of people askin this lol but what is needed to run a 3.25 in pulley with little or no kr. right now i run a 3.4, 180 t-stat, k&n filter, and no u bend and suprisingly no kr as long as i run 93 or 94 octane. if i put an exhaust and a cold air induction. u think it would be worth runnin the 3.25 or just stick with the 3.4 till i get a cam?? any help would be appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanx man. i appreciate ur help. yeah i didnt want to go and buy it till i talked to some people about it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would say that with the mods that you have and the fact that you have 0KR now to go for it. As was mentioned before, you want to check to see where your KR is at and then see where your at. With the CAI and Exhaust you should be fine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It varies for every car. Mine for example gets spikes of 6-7 degrees kr with my mods. Im running the Intense Standard PCM, GMPP Catback, 3.4", and airbox. For me it would take headers, downpipe, and possibly a cam/rockers to run a 3.25 safely. From what it sounds like you are a lucky one with very little kr. Like the others said, the only way to be sure though is to go and try it and see how it helps. Good luck

·
Registered
156 Posts
vinaashak said:
It varies for every car. Mine for example gets spikes of 6-7 degrees kr with my mods. Im running the Intense Standard PCM, GMPP Catback, 3.4", and airbox. For me it would take headers, downpipe, and possibly a cam/rockers to run a 3.25 safely. From what it sounds like you are a lucky one with very little kr. Like the others said, the only way to be sure though is to go and try it and see how it helps. Good luck
What Pat needs to really do, is find out where is KR is coming from! Which I think he is going to do in a week or so. Once exhaust work is done we hope that takes care of it. If not, we keep searching! ;) :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the help guys!! yeah evidently i've been lucky with kr so far. lol hopefully it stays that way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts