3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend who is trying to get his regal down to around 3,200 pounds with him in it. Without removing the AC or ripping out the carpet, is this a reasonable goal?

Oh, it's a 99 GS I beleive.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Has he weighed it as it sits now, fuel and driver? KBB specs 3,543 lbs but that can prove to be misleading. Dropping 343 pounds w/o loosing the AC just means you're gonna have to dig that much more out of the inside. All the seats should go along with the sound deadener replace driver's seat with a manual one, ditch the spare, etc. It's gonna be a battle and i think you may have to start getting pretty creative if you wanna keep that A/C, even pulling it, it's not gonna be easy.

·
Registered
984 Posts
isnt it a sawzall?

hehe

um nah

there are aluminum bumper beams, stay single muffler, there is aluminum export hoods that went to china (supposedly), aluminum front sub frame, light weight wheels, rear seat delete, coil overs, tubular control arms... if you wanna get crazy, take out passenger seat ect...

·
Registered
298 Posts
haha dont forget dieting! second whats stated above:dito:

·
Registered
984 Posts
the next thing you could do is door skins and stereo, carpet, etc

floor mats can come out first ;)

engine lift brackets, alternator support bar... hmmm

don't need sway bars at the dragstrip either. infact i think 60' is better with out them...

·
Registered
235 Posts
a couple guys on the regal forum have gotten down around 3000 without driver notfast was one of them I can recall the other guys screen name

notfast ran 12.1 @117 on a ported front mani ,3" dp , 3.4 , race fuel , 75 dry shot , dr's ,and a lot of weight reduction car also ran 13.0 no spray

one of my cars that I had across the scales was 3440 no driver , no spare ,jack ,engine lift brackets , floor mats , manuals , 1/8 tank fuel

besides the suggestions above which are good ones a few ideas that come to mind would be delete cruise , wipers, stereo ,windshield motors, and put a race battery in it

if he is looking to keep wipers , heat/ac etc.. basically stay inspectable its not going to happen gotta dig deep to hit 3200 w/driver but yes its very do-able

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.