3800Pro Forums banner

21st Annual BOP Meet in Cordova, IL Sat Oct 11

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  tease 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Where is Cordova?

#3 ·
I80 and Iowa/Illinois border.

So anyone in the Chicagoland area or mid to northern IL is pretty close.

I know some guys from St. Louis that won't miss it for anything. I know a lot of Olds guys coming too, just had a killer meet at Byron last weekend. Only 1 SC Impala SS was there, he was running 14.5's.

This is a pretty good meet, very well known in the BOP circles of those who race.

#6 ·
Cool, I was hanging around the Olds guys (that awesome looking 71 W30 Cutlass, the brown G-Body wagon and the white wheelie running 65 442 that is the poster child of Cordova's BOP meet on the flyer there). I was out there with my 2 boys taking pictures.

I have some shots of you I am sure, I'll dig em up. Still was doing good. How was traction that day? The 3800's hook up well on track surface?

I am toying with running the Buick in Cordova, never ran it on the track before, so it would be a first... I'll have to try to get some time in at Byron or Great Lakes first, my R/T's will probably be atrocious....

#5 ·
Second anual tcg meet on the 12th instead. Going to be a lot of 3800 cars there for sure. They rented the track for a half day, so there will be numerous runs and whatnot. www.thechicagogarage.org is the website you can learn more about it. If i can find a daily driver i plan on breaking some records that day, like fastest gtp in illinois.... lol, probably not going to get it, but its worth a try, i need 11.4x, not sure exactly what number, but 11.4 something.

#7 ·
Traction was good that day for me (also had new tires) but the car was a lot more sluggish than I expected. My 1st time at the track I ran a 14.2 @99 mph w/ a 2.2 60 foot. That was w/ less parts. Hopefully in October she will run a little bit better. If you go to Great Lakes let me know I plan on going on a tuesday or wednesday.

#8 ·
I am itching to go, would like to find someone who knows the art of launching a SC FWD car... I need to find me some spring inserts to stiffen up the back end.

Maybe I can next week, I work in Libertyville, so I am not too far from GLDW, been wanting to meet another tuner up there so we can play, shame, his NorthStar Fiero is out on the east coast right now, else that would be a ball to drive.

#10 ·
#12 ·
lol, hey if it weren't for dreams then what's the point of sleeping? I know I have a long way, or at least everyone that I don't say anything to thinks i have a long way.... muhuaha, guess you'll just have to wait and see won't you? Hell I might not even make it, that trip will either make or break my car, I'm leaning towards breaking, and if i can't find a daily then I'm not going. My mod list is far shorter than Paul's list, so even if i can get anywhere near his times then I will be happy.

#13 ·
I'll most likely be there on Oct 12 with the TCG folks.

I'll also be back there on November 1st for the MFBA Track rental, which if any of you want to go to you are more then welcome to come on out and Run that day tooo :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.