3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already unplugged the blower control modular to stop the fan and have one being delivered today, and i hear it can be a bit hard to get the part out. This is my work car that i keep relatively clean and i was wondering if i can just leave the old one in and just tie strap the new one under there somewhere. i am 58 years old and want to spend as little time under there as possible. Also i hear it's usually a windshield leak that drips water on the part that causes it to fail so i thought a slightly different location might help. Let me know what you think. Thanks for all the help over the years, Bob

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
That may also be near the heater core under there, which is also as work-intensive to replace. I hope you're able to dig in there without too many battles, but interiors are my least favorite part of working on cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up just leaving the old one in place and tie strapping a new one under there. By the way i did the heater core a few years back in this same car, that was fun. I was a few years younger and had my son helping me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts