3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the supercharger pulley on a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8L SC? The SC pulley shaft does not have a breather cap and bolt. The pulley is pressed on. I'm not sure how to pull and install without the breather cap or ability to bolt on the puller tool. I can't seem to find any info on this. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I believe your set-up is like my 04" GTP!!! They are different in some aspects. Im not 100% sure on differences between yours and mine. Close-up pics would be good. The Intense pulley puller is very well layed out and comes with instructions on removal/re-installation of your newer pulley. They even have pictures to boot. Contact Scott @ Intense to purchase a new one or I do have one that is for sale on this forum that been used once. Either way, you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures

I went outside and took a couple of pictures. There is a dot of yellow paint on the end of the pulley shaft. I'm taking a look at the Intense Racing website now. Never heard of them till I came across this web forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
there is a plug (plastic) that you have to remove, and then you can thread the puller into the end of the snout after the removal

this is what it looks like once off

and the MPS with the plug off

and plug reinstalled

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My car doesn't have a plastic plug!

there is a plug (plastic) that you have to remove, and then you can thread the puller into the end of the snout after the removal
What should I do if my SC Pulley Shaft doesn't have a plug? Take a look at my pictures already posted. Any ideas? Has anyone done this on a 2007 Grand Prix?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
u have a plug on the end of the snout. See the Black piece at the end, with the yellow dot? That comes out of the shaft

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to check when I get home. How do you remove the plug? To me, when I last looked, it seems like it's not a plug.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You

I can't believe a plug stumped me like that. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts