3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2004 impala ss indy edition has 220k on motor and tranny does have the supercharger on it. This is a project car to toy with i do want to get it to 500+whp any tips where to start. New to the 3800 engines but when u get the car for 650 running and driving fun time

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
About $6-10k, depending on how resourceful you are, and how long you want it to last under abuse...

Turbo kit w/ intercooler... Stattama or upgraded Cartuning (major s/c upgrade as an alternative, but way harder path)
heads/cam upgrades (ZZP/Stattama or Intense-Racing)
upgraded fuel pump/injectors
custom PCM tuning - buy HPTuners to do yourself, or pay someone like DynoBrian or ZZP to do it for you
TRANSMISSION upgrades (input shaft, single drive chain swap, pump shaft, better clutch packs, all parts freshened, etc.)
...countless random little things

Feel free to browse my current car's profile page ("complete-ish" mod list at bottom below pics/vids, although I'm currently overhauling the entire setup right now to get even more)
EFI Street Performance - Dave '04 Regal GSX
...if link doesn't work, let me know

(P.S. - if you want to buy the setup that got my Regal to 11.46 in the 1/4, with speeds up to 126mph at the top end, I'll be posting it for sale when I get it all together for photos in a couple weeks... turbo kit, I/C, cam, L26 intake... it's not everything, but a big part of it... probably going to be about $2k or so when posted)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just buy mine and add parts to it. It has a good base of parts and the transmission is built very well. See link below.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts