3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 grand prix gt, love the car. I currently only have lowering springs and a KandN intake system. I know I need a new pcm but what should I get done along with it? Id love for someone with some experience modding a natually aspirated 3800 series 3 motor to help out a bit. When i get the pcm Id like to take one trip to the mechanic get that installed an do about another 500-700 worth of work. In that price range what do you think my best bets are for more power? Thanks a lot for any advice:)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You don't do any of the work yourself? That right there will save you a few hundred. Intake, exhaust & tune are your starting points along with colder spark plugs. 1 range colder is fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I'm going to be staying away from the exhaust for right now. I know a guy who can make me a custom one but he is out of the country right now. I do not do the work myself as I'm not exactly a "car guy" haha. I've got the intake and colder spark plugs, what's the next steps to actually give me some nice power.by tune you just mean a new Pcm right? I don't have to get an additional tune after I get the pcm do I? ?

Thanks a lot for the info

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The tune can be a couple different things, a mail order tune from a vendor, take it to a dyno and get it dyno tuned, or if you have the means tune it yourself. It sounds like you would be best with a mail order tune. With that you just tell Intense Racing(for example) what you have done to your car and they will mail you a pcm with their tune in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts