3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes the install:

The install...
88 GT
2004 3800SC Series III Pontiac Grand Prix engine
2004 Comp G 4T65eHD with 3.29 gears and paddle shifter manual shifting
OBDII PCM, BCM, TAC, and ETC

The easy part was getting the engine and transmission on the cradle of course. Wiring the 2004 components was a challenge. I only started with the PCM because HP Tuners thought they could hack the code down to the VTD ( vehicle theft deterrent) level and not have to run the BCM. Well after 4 days of hacking and loading many different BIN files, I decided it was time to purchase the BCM, Theft exciter module, ignition switch, key, and some connectors. I found a salvage yard willing to cut the connectors and leave me about 6 inches of wire on all the components. After getting them I was able to get the engine running in about 3 hours.

The paddle shifter feature is not online still. I have to build a resistor network that works on one signal wire. The Formula steering wheel with the "horn" paddle buttons is going to become my UP shift and Down shift buttons. Its going to work one way on one button (like up) then one way on the other button (like down). In the Grand Prix it works where either button on the steering wheel will up shift on pushing it, then down shift on pulling on it. I will have to come up with a different button arrangement to make it work that way.

Enjoy the pics, and visit the build page on my website > http://www.fastfieros.com/projects/loyde_3800/index.htm

Thanks for looking,..

Loyde
http://www.fastfieros.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trilo68 said:
Just curious as to why some of the pics show the engine with headers and others with stock manifolds?
Time, ran out of it.. I was going to use the SLP's and build my own muffler and mandrel bends to the tips. I already had a exhaust for the stock exhaust, so I had to switch back to it.

Also, I decided that this engine would remain stock so I could just learn the 2004 PCM, BCM, and other supporting devices to make this work in a Fiero. The 2004 GTP is very different in wiring, and how things work. Lights and just about anything that gets turned "on" is done my a module making a request to the BCM, then the BCM actually turning the light or device on.

Loyde

·
Registered
31 Posts
So Loyde,....

How hard would it be to fit a TURBO'd L-67 in a Fiero....???

Any customers have the new Turbo kits installed on those cars yet?? (besides FieroX ;) )

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looks very clean, I only have 1 suggestion- if you get one more front valve cover( with an oil cap), you can have double breathers, it will look really cool. :cool: I also ran into the same PCM problem when I was doing my swap, so I just got a 1998 PCM, which didn't require the Class 2 data signal from the BCM and I just switched the legs on the connectors to the PCM, my harness was a 1999 Park Ave. Good job! Post more pics when its done. This is modern hot-rodding here!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts