3800Pro Forums banner

2003 Bonneville Rear Sway Bar Bushings

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  klausdj 
#1 ·
I am rebuilding my f/r suspension, found out the rear suspension on an SE doesn't come with a rear sway bar. Picked one up from a donor 2001 SLE (20mm) at the local salvage yard, looked everywhere though and cannot find new sway bar bushings. GM discontinued this part number (25650389) and not a single aftermarket manufacturer makes one. Due to the unique mounting layout (suspended from the rear subframe) there is no way to make a universal one work. Has anyone else run into this?

#2 ·
Start with ACDelco.com and see what they list for a Part Number (they often have a couple), then go to Amazon and look for it.

Also on Amazon you can look for other brands. The bushings are common, you should have no issues finding it.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, n0dih, but I have scoured every inch of the Internet (including AC Delco) and got jack squat. I've even called manufacturers like Energy Suspension, Moog, etc. and come up empty. $20 cash to the first person who can find me NOS or quality aftermarket bushings that fit!

#4 ·
Post a picture, my Park Ave I think is different than the Bonnie in the rear bar. I can dig and see what I can find. What size bar do you have?

#6 · (Edited)
Try this:

AUTO EXTRA / CHASSIS RITE Part # AXK6690 {#RK6690}

See if this seems right.

This is from RockAuto.com

#7 ·
Here is a pic of the sway bar bushing bracket. I just put it up on the subframe and stuck the bolt in so you could see how it mounts. The bushing has the typical "D" shape to it so I thought it'd be no problem to find one, but no one makes a universal D shaped bushing with a 20mm opening and having the proper outside dimensions.

Attachments

#9 ·
#16 ·
#15 ·
I updated.... look at the others. 4mm would sqiush it good....

#20 ·
GM # 25650389
2000 to 2005 H body with FE2
Discontinued
20mm bar

#21 ·
#22 ·
That's the crazy part - the GM part number both you and Caleditor gave me is easy enough to find, but when you call any of these GM parts "wholesalers" they say this bushing has been discontinued, no NOS available that I can determine. I'm just going to take the bracket to the local auto parts store and go through each box until I find something that fits. Very frustrating situation but a big thank you to everyone who has tried to help out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.