3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a pcm from a 2000 gtp run and run fine in a 98 gtp? workin on a lil somethin something appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I don't think so, I seem to remember the 97 is different than the 98, which is different from the 99-02.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was wondering the same thing recently. I asked and got several different answers. I wanted to buy a used, reprogrammed PCM from a '98 GTP to use in my '02 GTP. Since some said it would work and some said it wouldn't, I decided to go ahead and try it. It works and works well.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I believe 1Hot97 is correct. A 98' PCM will not work, or work well anyway. The MAF settings are definatley going to be different. As well as a variety of other things. If it is apparently working, I would suggest a scan to see whats really happening.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reason i ask is a friend has hptuners for his 00, and an extra 00 pcm layin around, just seein if we could double dip the situation

·
Registered
19 Posts
dougsgtp said:
reason i ask is a friend has hptuners for his 00, and an extra 00 pcm layin around, just seein if we could double dip the situation
I have a 2000 gtp and would buy it from him if it works fine and the price is right. :eek:that is if your not going to use it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts