3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 ssei and I am having a problem I cant figure out.I will start out with what I have changed.I have changed tps,plugs and wires,map sensor and all vacuum lines.It only misses out on a slight incline under load.I thought I had it fixed but it showed up again.What would happen if a boost control valve went bad?I am starting to wish I hadnt bought this thing.Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have a 00 ssei and I am having a problem I cant figure out.I will start out with what I have changed.I have changed tps,plugs and wires,map sensor and all vacuum lines.It only misses out on a slight incline under load.I thought I had it fixed but it showed up again.What would happen if a boost control valve went bad?I am starting to wish I hadnt bought this thing.Any ideas?
P0300 is one of the harder codes to diagnose because so many different problems can cause a P0300. Vacuum leaks, ign. system, PCM, injectors, broken EGR pintle, internal engine problems, etc.
Have you not been able to get it to set another code for a specific cylinder?
If not, it would behoove you to scan the engine and check the "Cylinder Misfire Counter" to see which cylinders are affected. If it has a vacuum leak which will cause this code it should show up during the scan by checking fuel trim #'s and IAC counts.

Have you tried misting the engine with water spray around the plugs and wires?
New parts can be faulty and really send you into oblivion during diagnosis.

Sorry this is such a hard code to diagnose. You may try injector cleaner, that shouldn't be too expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was having these issues before I changed everything.I havent got the p0300 code yet but it deff feels like a misfire to me.The only code it has thrown is p0128 for the temp sender or thermostat and thet is fixed.I have ran injector cleaner and it hasent made a difference.I dont think it is anything internal because it runs to strong when you get on it.I am getting fed up with this thing and havent had the car for 2 months yet.Any other ideas ?I just cant figure out why it only does it on a slight incline.Thanks for the replys. Dave

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Could it be a trans torque converter lock up search/hunt problem? It would feel kind of like a misfire. My friend has a '00 SSEI and it was having stumbling problems at higher speeds light throttle, it was 2 parts, torque convertor lock up control solenoid and a pressure sensor (may not be exact part names but close enough to find them) but I guess it's a fairly common problem in the bonnevilles. You have to pull the side cover off the trans to get to these parts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Im having the same problem with my GS. I have an AUTOTAP Scanner. what should i log into in order to find where the problem is coming from?

TIA.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't know the Autotap scanner but if it has a cylinder misfire counter that is the place. Also check for a misfire code and fuel trims to see if there is a leaky injector or vacuum leak. Check idle counts also.

·
Registered
106 Posts
p0300

My p0300 code turned out to be leaking lim gasket letting water into intake and make a miss only after eng was at normal temp. Drove me crazy untill i let it setup for a week and them won't turn over, pulled plugs water on them replaced the gasket new metal one and has ran good since.

·
Registered
106 Posts
leak

lost about a reserve tank full a week. Not a problem as i was drive 200 mi a day, when i did not use that i found problem
I also have a autotap and was no help. Back to basic

·
Registered
888 Posts
FYI that mighta been a helpful diagnostic tool if you'd have said you were losing a coolant res. with of coolant a week!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I was having these issues before I changed everything.I havent got the p0300 code yet but it deff feels like a misfire to me.The only code it has thrown is p0128 for the temp sender or thermostat and thet is fixed.I have ran injector cleaner and it hasent made a difference.I dont think it is anything internal because it runs to strong when you get on it.I am getting fed up with this thing and havent had the car for 2 months yet.Any other ideas ?I just cant figure out why it only does it on a slight incline.Thanks for the replys. Dave
YES, find someone who has a DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER to see exactly what is happening. This type of scanner will show pretty much everything happening, With this info, you should be able to go directly to the CULPRIT. MY recomendations are a SNAP ON SCANNER OR AN OTC SCANNER. These will show just about everything going on and more. When you get a FIX. get back to us to help others that may have the same issue....... Mr goodwrench

1 - 14 of 14 Posts