3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grrrr... this car has made me generally frustrated. so i bought it from my in-laws with a bad MAF and a bad Crank P sensor...,. figured ok ive done a rear wheel drive engine pull and rebuild... well turns out the cps is a dick to replace. now that i have the car back together i am at a no-start situation. i have put the new crank ps along with new maf. reading the forums i thought maybe it was a bad ecu/pcm. replaced and symptoms persist. the car will start with starter fluid signifying spark(also tested the wires and are good.). The thing is the fuel injectors. i unbolted the rail and checked for sprinkle. nothing. except for one injector that just drips. and if i move that to a different fuel port it is still the one just dripping.... i am guessing that what ever makes them open and close does not do its job any more. i think that injector is stuck in a sort of limbo in between open and closed. i was thinking maybe the icm? iv been checking wires and plugs to see if i could find a solution. at the end of my rope.... any ideas? o and i have a 2000 buick regal s/c, have had battery tested, as well as alternator, also when fixing the fuel lines i sparked the lines against the alternator(im thinking thats where i went wrong.) But i didn't blow up :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
...with a bad MAF and a bad Crank P sensor...,.
How do you know the MAF and CPS were bad? Is it possible the no-start condition is related to something that may have set a MAF code? (MAF codes don't necessarily mean the MAF is bad). Also, if you installed an aftermarket MAF, or a remanufactured MAF, it could still be a bad part.

Anyway, for the no-start condition, you will have to determine if you have fuel getting to the cylinders, spark at the plugs, and airflow to the cylinders.

There are others on this board more experienced with diagnosis than me. These cars are not, in general, lemons. They are very reliable. However, it will take some reasoned diagnosis to solve this. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks.. the MAF was bad before the no start, replaced it with re-manufactured and ran fine however still had a crank p sensor code, eventually replaced that... not the easiest thing to do. i have everything but fuel to the cylinders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... got it runnin and it runs like ****.... turns out it was my harmonic balancer not being installed right.... still not worth a damn as a car tho.... need to borrow a sledge hammer or a jack hammer if ne one gots in dfw area.... need to vent some rage on a pos car...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Almost seems like there is a security issue locking out the fueling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts