3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Pontiac grand prix GT with a 3800, well I blew a head gasket a month ago. After replacing both head gaskets and everything being put on correctly and have every thing plugged in I change and replace the fluids primed the fuel system and I try to start my car it cranked but wouldn't start. So i double check the Firing order and that was correct, then I check if it had compression and it had 150 psi, its getting fuel, and it has spark, anything I can check or do to potentially get my car started?

·
Super Moderator
719 Posts
Make sure you reconnected all the grounds, including the one below the coil packs, and that the ignition harness is plugged into everything again (ignition module, cam/crank sensors, ground tab, and connector by fuel rail).

Also look over all the vacuum lines to be sure nothing is left open or pinched.

I think you should be able to find something once you've looked back over everything you touched during the work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1999 Pontiac grand prix GT with a 3800, well I blew a head gasket a month ago. After replacing both head gaskets and everything being put on correctly and have every thing plugged in I change and replace the fluids primed the fuel system and I try to start my car it cranked but wouldn't start. So i double check the Firing order and that was correct, then I check if it had compression and it had 150 psi, its getting fuel, and it has spark, anything I can check or do to potentially get my car started?
Have you scanned it for codes? I did a UIM and LIM gaskets on a 2001 Buick Lesabre and didn't realize that I broke the MAP sensor. A code scan came up with a MAP code and once I repaired the broken MAP sensor it fired right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts