3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a rebuild of a 1996 Buick Park Avenue Ultra and they service manual is indicating (please see attached I've circled the item in question) a junction box of some type for the power steering hoses. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
What is this A Junction Box or What.png
What is this A Junction Box or What.png

·
Registered
908 Posts
That "BOX" shown in your diagram is actually a PS FLUID COOLER. Some cars have this cooling device and some don't. I would suggest to keep this cooler intact. Some cars do not have this cooler but I think cooling the PS FLUID is a wise thing to do. Looking at this from another point of view, during the COLD WINTER MONTHS this cooler is probably not needed. If you live in a state that has lots of hot weather, I would keep that PS COOLER in tact. Mr goodwrench(Jake)....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr goodwrench,
Thank you. I live in Central Arizona so a cooler is probably a good thing. I have another question if you don't mind.
I'm having trouble locating a new stud for the lower and upper manifold. This stud would be 8Mx1.25x30mm on the long end beneath the flange nut and M6x1.0x10mm on the short end above the flange nut. None of the auto parts stores seem to have it and I hate going to a GM dealer parts division as they never seem to know were to find the parts I need. I've attached picture of the stud location.
Thank you,
OldSkool (Mike)

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
I guess I would go to a local GM dealership and see what they have or can order in for you. Another source would be FASTINAL. This is a nut and bolt store. We have these here in Minnesota and they have just about everything or they will order it in if needed. You probably can go on line and find them and get what you need. I have used this store for several different types of fasteners and they always came thru. Good luck, Jake (mr goodwrench) On another note, when you buy screw-in studs they do make studs with allen type wrench ends for easier installation. Hope some of this helps.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts