3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My son just purchased a 1995 Bonneville, Series II N/A. Car runs fine , but then occasinally just stalls during driving

I plan to get it scanned to see if there are any codes stored in the PCM.

Anything common in these cars? Crank sensor? CAM sensor ? Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Eventually the car does restart and drives fine, so the issue is intermittent- therefore hard to diagnose.

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Possibly the harmonic balancer getting worn and its timing rings wobbling, or the sensors you mentioned (watching the RPM or cam/crank signals live could point to this), or the sub-harness that goes down from the coil packs to those sensors and a ground tab.

May also be a fueling issue, if the pump, filter or regulator aren't up to snuff anymore. Monitoring fuel pressure with a gauge and watching sensor data could show this (I know 95 is gonna be limited there).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello everyone. I changed the crank sensor with an AC Delco unit, but unfortunately problem persists. Oil change guy mentioned to me that the oil pressure sensor is leaking. Could that be related? Any other suggestions? No dash lights are going off. Is there a way to test for cam sensor, ICM without just swapping parts and hoping for the best? Unfortunately the car is not OBD 2, so I ordered an Innova GM Code reader for older vehicles. Not sure that will work yet, since the 1995 Bonneville is not listed in the manual as a supported car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts