Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's Jungle Gym tyme!

heheheh Al and I just ordered the new 10 point cage for the 94 Cutlass 442 from JEGS!

GM 1988-96 Grand Prix/Century/Cutlass FWD
550-943104K
10-Point Roll Bar Kit $219.99

10 and 12 point roll cages manufactured from 1-5/8'' x .134-wall mild steel tubing
Includes 6'' x 6'' x 1/8'' mounting plates
Some tube ends in some kits are notched while most tube ends are not notched for a better custom fit in your particular set-up. This ''extra material'' provides you some leeway for a great fit and easier installation.
8, 10, and 12 point cages exceed NHRA and IHRA standards
Complete, easy-to-follow installation instructions included
Welding required (DUH!) hehe!

This is a pic of a 12pt cage our ten pt one doesnt have the top of dash to floor(behind seat) downbars that make the X at the drivers/passengers door......or the fiewall to front subframe bars that are in the pic (waiting fer another 3800 before we go doing that.....

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got some new pics of the 442 getting tons of little things done...
you can def tell it's behind the seats...passenger side view
you can see the front part of the firewall installed...

Al's arm checking the oil...from the drivers seat

The completed dash and rear engine gauges these will be replaced with electric sending unit type and these will be mounted in the trunk opening...

The modified factory tube with a giant K&N I got Al and Amanda as a wedding present...I am practical...LOL

View of the rear 3800 through the trunk opening, new Accel wires, and you can see the Quad 4 injectors on top of the fuel cell, along with a solenoid and a cold start injector. these will be used when we put the Turbocharger on it this winter while converting the top end to SII heads and associated parts.

The New Accel wires (25$) and the DelcoII Ignition module on the 3800 with the factory injector cover on

The New 10 pt Rollcage from Jegs should be here by Friday, then we have some more work to do!
Is any project ever done?!? lol

James & Al

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well....
WOOOOT!!! :thumbsup:

Well Al and I are back and guess what the 442's best time was?
13.81 at just over 98 mph!!!! :shock: :cheers:
just under 3 seconds improvment over the 16.5 BRE time (Before Rear Engine)!!
not bad for a $3000 mod.... :twisted:

had her looking pretty good but didnt have the interior all sorted out the new firewall was owning us till the last minute that we loaded her onto the trailer... :roll:

looks like everyone still thinks we are insane :lol: but we had no problems on the drive from the hotel to the track we pulled strong all the way to 115mph where the 3800 was just shoving the speedlimited 3100 past 108 mph...talk about a unique sound! WOT! :D we were partially deaf by the time we got to the track :mrgreen:
the first run down the 1/4 netted us a 14 second flat pass and the engine's werent going to WOT! looks like it's time for the 5th/6th reincarnation of the rear throttle cable too bad it was so hot out otherwise we would have run a 13.7 fer sure!
Not bad for a stock looking 94 Olds....SLEEPER! :twisted:
Al got called an @sshole by an Impala owner who sid he'd race us...lined up and Al took him by over 4 seconds! :devil: found out later that he evedently he was the only one there who didnt know we had two engine's he just thought we were a loud 3100 :wink: I can only imagine what was going through his mind as Al pulled a 1.9 60 ft and left him behind :lol: right after that run he asked us what we were running...."two engine's" him-> :shock: he thought we were insane too...LOL
We are real glad that we went! we had a blast along the others!
boy though it was definatly a $300 dollar trip but worth every minute of it
13.81!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so who wants to check out the 13 second 442 at the next meet? :mrgreen:

UMM3 (mymonte.com) was a blast! next year a Turbo and other work should let us skip the 12 second club and go straight to the 11's!!!!

will have video and pics up as soon as possible
James, Al, Amanda, and of course the 422!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
13.81 @ 98+ mph with 1.9s 60' times..
90+ degrees with 60+% humidity...we coulda gone faster!

Couple of Vids fer ya! thanks to slowmontecarlo on MyMonte.com

at the bottom under the UMM3 vids look for the ridealong with the 442 and the walkaround of the 442...

he used his digital camera on the ridealong-Ok sound...not like youd hear anything other than the two loud V6's! :lol:

I have a vid of a ridealong with a reg camera WITH good sound! just not hosted yet!

http://www.mymonte.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=62371#62371]UMM3 vids 442!

I will post the scans of the slips (plenty consistent with the 1.9s 60' times)

our running total is ~ $10,200 including the purchace price (5K) and cost of full perf front trans rebuild/stall convertor, and the $3000 dual engine conversion (helps that the donor was free eh?)

OK now fer some PICS!!!

BEFORE UM3

AT/AFTER UM3

More coming soon along with vid.... :twisted:
cant wait to see the pics everyone else took of her...
I was too busy to take pics with my crappy digicam but i will capture from the digital8 cam's that we brought with for bottom and top end of the track footage.... :D

James

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
the 442 lost weight...but is also gaining more...

weight AND Power!
ohhhh whats dis?

ya wont believe how much weight the 442 lost just going from the factory rims to these fella's

we scored em off a 99 GP...they need to be stripped and polished...but other than a couple very small nicks they have absolutly no curb rash!!!

total cost: practically stole em.... :mrgreen:

oh and a new pic of the SI/SII tall deck Hybrid, yes you can mix n match the SI/SII brackets...

regards, James

BTW, we just ordered the external wastegate and BOV to go with the turbocharger on the LN3...we also have the electric sender autometer gauges for monitering the rear engine/trans/boost.

so yeah...next time we go to the track should show some improvment... :D

·
Administrator
1,312 Posts
Bringing it back, huh? Awesome to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks it's been way too many years in the making. This is the third actual build of the twin engine olds.

It was time to clean up the garage and clean up the car as we had just finished several of the major items. Figured we might as well take a couple of pictures.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

21 - 34 of 34 Posts