3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on my 2004 Impala SS 3800 car. Replaced my electric water pump, power steering pump, lower control arm, front wheel bearings, and outer tie rods. Just working when I had the time and energy replacing items that were aged and showing wear or leaking fluids. All is back together, or so I thought until I noticed this bracket remaining on my work cart. Car was apart about 6-7 months, and I kinda recall removing this bracket, but remain brain dead as to where I removed it from. Any help is appreciated. 74 years young, with health issues, and obvious memory issues. Pictures of engine bay and bracket in question.

Attachments

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
Looks to be something Impala-specific, because I don't recognize it off-hand, and haven't worked on someone's Impala for years now. Seems like it might go around the headlights/front bumper area as a minor support? Not sure, but doesn't seem critical, if you don't figure it out.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I’m going to keep the bracket in sight as to look at it every time I go by the car. Pretty sure it was somewhere near the power steering pump and coolant overflow tank. Unfortunately for me that area is almost impossible to see w/o removing the coolant tank (not a big deal). Also seems to the only way to check my power steering reservoir which I’m sure is overfilled from my overestimating how much fluid to put in after replacing my pump. I’ll update my post if I ever figure where the bracket belongs.

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
Hmm, might be something that was just attached to the P/S reservoir for harness clips, with a plastic clip. As long as you carefully routed/secured things while putting it back together, the factory items are less crucial for the same task.

In my case, when misc. items like this come off the engine, they usually don't go back on unless performing a specific task. You may have subconsciously made this same decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts