3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put A regal 3800 v6 super changed in my 2004 monte carlo ss I rebuilt the engine and trans it works good lot of power but there is one thing the oil pressure keeps dropping out when the engine gets hot and I have a oil leak out of the timing cover seal

·
Registered
888 Posts
I guess you should fix the leak at the timing cover/balancer seal. Also take a close look at the balancer for any grooves worn on the balancer neck. This could cause the oil leak. As far as the oil pressure drop when the engine is hot is somewhat normal to some degree. I would also suggest using a mechanical oil pressure test gauge where the sending unit is to confirm the oil pressure. Some times oil pressure sending units go or are defective...especially with AGE. One last thing to consider......after an engine gets fully warmed up, it's normal to see some oil pressure drop. As the oil heats up, the viscosity thins out which does show less oil pressure when testing. There could be other issues like worn oil pump gears and or the timing cover where the oil pump gears are located. Hope some of this helps..... Mr Goodwrench (Jake)...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new balancer and seal the balancer is twisted the holes for the puller don't line up any more I had to use two pray bars good thing I just put it on took off the timing cover to check the oil pump it has play in it and it is worn going yo get a new timing oil pump gear and seal also going to take off the oil pan to see if there is any damage to the main and rod bearings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts