3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let the 04 Grand Prix owners know tha with the redesigned SLP headers for the 2004-2005, the fit is perfect with only two minor mods. First, you need to bend down the upper AC line going to the AC Compressor about 2 inches. And second, the metal backer plate on the passenger side fan needs to be removed. With both of these done, there appears to be no contact issues with the headers and the car.

Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re

This is the same thing I did when installing the standard SLP's in my 04 a while back.... I thought about buying the 04-05 model thinking they fit better, but doesn't seem that there is a difference... do you have rubbing in reverse?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not noticed any rubbing or contact points yet. I have only put on about 80 miles since I dropped in the new motor, but I have been watching everything closely since it is a new motor.

·
Banned
361 Posts
you need to bend down the upper AC line going to the AC Compressor about 2 inches. And second, the metal backer plate on the passenger side fan needs to be removed.
Yep, I had to do the same things. It is still too close IMO and stiffer motor mounts are required.

with the redesigned SLP headers for the 2004-2005
When did these become available? What are the differences?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts