3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i need a new 02 sensor for my car in order to tune my 02s. can some one varify for me that the part number is 25312203 for the GM kind. also, is this very hard to replace? where exactly is it located?

thanks
Jon

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
i just purchased one and am curious as to how hard they are to change if it is just replace or is there something else that needs to be done? another question is that i do not have a cat, ubend on my car. someone told me this would cause my car to run rich since the 02 sensor is no obtaining the proper temp? is no cat bad for our cars? i hadnt heard of this before.

thanks for the input guys

99gtp

·
Registered
784 Posts
Disconnect your battery before you start. Just unplug the harness, loosen the old one, put the new one in, plug back into harness, reconnect your battery and off you go. As far as no cat, the environmentalist won't like you not having one. Some people say their car sounds tinny without a cat. But, I don't run with one and I definatley improved the cars performance once I took it off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well i got my O2 sensor and tried to change it.........its a b*$#h. however just a fyi i was at autozone and they have a cheater tool. its a open socket that slide over the hole sensor and makes life easy for only 8.99. well worth the investment.............3 busted knuckles later for a wrench

later

99gtp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts