3800Pro Forums banner

f body brakes onto a W body?

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  98Park 
#1 ·
What do I need if possible to swap out W body brake to F body brakes and what is the advantage in doing so? I own a repair shop so most simple customization is pretty easy but are these direct bolt on?

#2 ·
theres a few write-ups on this iirc, but i can be done with a simple modification to the brake

benefits are that they are lighter and produce much better stopping force.
i recommend them... my 06 Monte got them from the conversion factory it was made in in Georgia, the difference is extreme in comparison to my 03, much faster stopping on a larger wheel and tire combo, and you can feel it in your brake pedal that its much more responsive.

#3 ·
If you can find my old thread I did it. All you need is the proper sized drill bit and tap. I forgot what they were though :(

#5 ·
will the f body rotors fit inside 15" wheels

Will the F body brake set up fit inside the stock steel 98 ls wheels

#7 ·
I need to find out if they will work on a C and H Body.... :)

#8 ·
If a GP can tuck em we should be able to lol

#11 ·
Have you seen the front brakes on the Porsche Panamera? It's their new 4 door sedan. Saw one sitting at a dealer in Madison and we stopped to look, and holy ****. The rotors are like the size of my wheels!!

#12 ·
I driven the turbo my friend. The best 4 door sports sedan I have ever been in. Comfortable, fast and a ton more room than the M5. There's a ferrari dealership right down the road and they have a brand new 458 Italia sitting outside. F'ING SEX on wheels. Holy Sh!t that's what I dream about in my alcohol induced blackouts!

#13 ·
Time to trade in the GP ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.