3800Pro Forums banner

supercharger?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  its840 
#1 ·
How do I make the supercharger louder. I know you can change the pulley and that will make it spin faster which makes it louder but is there any other way?

#3 ·
Hi-Flow intake will make it louder

#4 ·
If you are looking for a whistling sound get a turbo ;)
Other than the intake it doesn't get much louder...

#5 ·
What is the purpose behind making the blower louder.

You should mod to enhance performance. If you are worried about how you look or how intimidating you sound, then we need to talk. Stealth is good. Rice is not good.

The reason I am modding the SS to C5 levels is the C5 is a pain in the ass to drive around in. Sure looks cool, but cops follow me with their lights off, ricers try to race constantly, bimmers drive me nuts, pickups try to cut me off, and soccer moms tailgate like mad.

The SS is different. Cops ignore me, racers think I ain't **** (until they die), bimmers and assorted kraut krap are fun to screw with, pickups (well they don't change), and soccer moms still taigate.

Anyway, with the 3.3 pulley, I still don't hear the blower much above the exhaust note.

#7 ·
To be honest, since I had an 05 LS and now the SS with the same CAI on them both, it seems like most of the sound increase is added flow and not the blower itself. Dropping pulley size did make the whine a little louder.

Mod to what you like ...it doesn't matter whether it's performance or cosmetic...make it your own :)

#8 ·
sound

i agree, my purpose of modding my car is to make it one off, do it how i like it, and i happen to enjoy the sound of a supercharger in the morning, it scares away mustangs and hondas, just gotta be gentle on the gas when the cops are around, you cant hear the blower unless your driving it hard

#9 ·
yes i like the sound of the charger in the morn you can just hear that whing.. but once it warms up a bit it quiets down a lil bit. at work when we go outside to start our cars at midnight and everyone heard it for the first time they where all like what the hell you have in there a charger or something?? and im like yall must be blind. look at my door.

but at first every one wanted to race me and i had not so good of tires on my car and didnt want to. but now when i have tires on my car and i ask the same ppl that wanted to race before, they are like NO. now.. lol of course they wanta race when all they know is you have a gp. but when they find out you have a gtp then they change there mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.