3800Pro Forums banner

Supercharger Problem

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kvrsoccer22 
#1 ·
I recently changed all the gaskets in the engine. Its a 3.8 supercharged in a 2000 pontiac grand prix gtp. When i put it all back together, the supercharger does not kick in as early as it used to. or it is not putting out as much psi as it used to im not sure. the only thing i notice is that the bars indicating the supercharger is being used, do not go up as soon as they used to when i accelerate. Does anybody have a solution, suggestions, or questions? ive never had a supercharger before so im kinda stumped on what to look for or look at.

#2 ·
Check to make sure you put the boost bypass back in the same position, if you messed with it at all. (Small black round thing on the top front driver's side of the SC.)

I'm not sure on this, but it could be a vaccum leak, and turns into a boost leak when you get on it - causing a lag. Again, not too sure on that one.

#3 ·
Look for a vacuum leak, as Tom indicated.

#4 ·
?

How do you know if that is back in the correct place, thats they peice that i thought could be the problem in the first place. but im not sure how you know what position the lever should be in. ill try messin with it unless i hear from someone. thanks for the advice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.