3800Pro Forums banner

Louder Supercharger Whine?

36K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Zingy_sf3 
#1 ·
this may sound differnt but i wish my supercharger whined louder a friend of mine has a pro-charger kit on a silverado ss and its loud as hell anybody know anything about this? is it possible? am i a retard? any input will help

#2 ·
A couple of things to cure your S/C whine itch. . .

1. FWI or CAI will be the best for you seeing your car is stock, you should def. be able to hear it after a good intake.

2. Ported S/C will also help you out (helps get rid of KR and adds to the efficiency factor while making the whine more noticeable)

3. Smaller S/C pulley ( Please Please make sure you have supporting mods before you put a smaller pulley on)

There ya are for a good start to the 3 most basic/cost effective ways to get a louder S/C whine & the first 2 help battle KR for a extra bonus.

~Biggie

#5 ·
Sorry about that,

KR = Knock Retard (detonation)
FWI = Fenderwell Intake, usually a intake that sits inside the fender area and pulls in cooler air than a CAI
CAI = Cold Air Intake, usually a open cone type system (as in just sucks in air from engine bay) usually cheaper but with not as good as a performance gain.

It is hard to port your own S/C unless you have previous knowledge and/or the right tools. I would highly recommend getting it ported by either INTENSE-racing.com, wbodystore.com, or zzperformance.com all do awesome work.

#9 ·
Well our superchargers will never have the same sound as a centrifigual (sp?) supercharger (your freinds pro charger kit). Centrifigual's are little compressors while our superchargers are roots type or "blowers". Unless you spin these blowers at high rpm's they will probably never sound anywhere like a centrifigual supercharger. And to spin our blowers at high rpms (the blower) it will take alot of aftermarket parts to have a good running setup (no KR, optimaul performance). I would aslo agree though if you want to make our superchargers louder to do the following
~less restrictive intake (CAI, or FWI) and the other things that Kyle suggested.
~take off the engine cover and hood insulation (will make it sound louder outside of the car thats about it)

#12 ·
see thats what im goin for i want it to be noticed when i pull up at a light next to some queer in a hoda civic with a crotch rocket exaust pipe i want him to think "maybe i shouldt do this that supercharger is pretty damn loud" and to see his face when a family sedan blows his doors off thats such a great feeling

how do i get a gen v? what is involved in upgrading to this? cai will hopefully get done this weekend

thanks everyone for your input

Have a safe thanksgiving

#13 ·
#16 ·
i agree with John.... i would want it quiet, but for those who have theirs modded to hell, you wouldnt hear the ricer anyway. Just a glare in the rear view mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.