3800Pro Forums banner

Dtc

654 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gtx500hp 
#1 ·
Hi-
My car threw a service engine light, I checked and it gave me two codes, P0840 and P0841, it says the cooling fans aren't working, so if I change the relay is it going to do any help or do I have to replace the cooling fans?
Thank you

#2 ·
How many miles on car?

Rarely ever solved a problem by just replacing a relay. Crap shoot.

Easy to try,,,,see if you can swap with another relay in fuse box.

My guess is bad fan. Can always have fun burning your hands trying to check voltage why car runs measuring at connectors too...

Cheers

#3 ·
story.

119800 miles, one of my friends was helping me put in the radiator because there was a leak that occurred out of no where, so whilst I was putting the radiator in this guy decided to check the relays with a staple pin, " it's the old fashioned way" quoted, so there was a spark.. therefore that caused us our friendship because I told him off about it but anyways that's besides the point. I ran the DLC and it gave me those codes. however, considering what happened I ordered two new relays just to be on the safe side and if that doesn't work I'm definitely doing the fans, I checked fans on amazon and they are around 225$ brand new, I've never heard the name of the company, no reviews, so I was kind of hasty taking that decision. Any help on the fans would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Regards
Saad

#4 ·
I am concerned about your PCM now. If the signal from the PCM to turn on the fans got shorted......
Hope your new relays work. I don't have the wiring diagragm for that car. You can go to alldata.com if you need it.

Best of Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.